SPOILERS ahoy. Events will be added when they occur in the translated chapters.
Source: The Heroic Legend of Arslan: Official Reader’s Guide
- 16th King of Pars, Gotarzes II, passes away.
- 17th King of Pars, Osroes V, accedes to the throne.
- The king’s younger brother Andragoras leads troops to the southeastern border as Eran and conquers the Principality of Badakhshan. The Prince of Badakhshan commits suicide; his wife Tahmineh is taken back to the capital, Ecbatana.
- Month 5, Day 19
The sudden death of Osroes V. 18th King of Pars, Andragoras III, accedes to the throne. Prince Hirmiz believed killed in a fire at the palace. Andragoras installs Vahriz as Eran.
- Tahmineh installed as Queen Consort.
- Prince Arslan is born.
- Northern invasion from Turan repelled.
- Arslan installed as Crown Prince.
- Another northern invasion from Turan repelled.
- Western invasion from Misr dealt a crushing defeat.
- An alliance numbering 50,000 is formed between Turan, Sindhura, and Turk, attacking respectively from the northeast, southeast, and east; Narses’s ploy disintegrates the alliance and they are chased out.
- Dariun is sent to Serica as captain of the guard. Andragoras grows slack in his reign. Narses is exiled from court.
- Maryam is subjugated by the Lusitanians.
- Having destroyed Maryam, the Lusitanians invade Pars.
- Month 10, Day 16
The first Battle of Atropatene. The Parsian troops, suffering great losses, are defeated.
- Month 11, Day 5
The heads of defeated warriors from Atropatene are displayed before the gates of Ecbatana.
- Month 11, Day 6
The slaves of Ecbatana are incited to revolt by the Lusitanian troops.
- Month 11, Day 13, Night
Arslan and company break through the blockade at Mt. Bashur.
- Qaran leads a thousand riders in pursuit of Arslan.
- Giv meets Farangis.
- They, along with Arslan and company, annihilate Qaran’s troops.
- The bazaar of Ecbatana resumes. [T/N: Pretty sure this is an editorial mistake; this should be listed before Qaran’s deployment.]
- Month 12, first week
Lusitanian king Innocentius meets Tahmineh in Ecbatana and asks for her hand in marriage.
- Bodin burns twelve million volumes of Parsian literature.
- First encounter between Dariun and Hirmiz.
- Hirmiz confronts the imprisoned Andragoras with his true identity.
[ — end of Book 1 — ]
- Late Autumn
Arslan and company defeat the treacherous Hojir at Kashan Castle.
- Month 12, Day 5
Lusitanian noble Pedraos dies under mysterious circumstances in the streets of Ecbatana.
- Month 12, Day 6
The Templars of Sion arrive at Ecbatana.
- Zandeh and Saam pledge service to Hirmiz. [T/N: Well, Zandeh does, at least.]
- Hirmiz leaves Ecbatana in pursuit of Arslan.
- In order to shake off their pursuit, Arslan’s party splits into three groups and heads to Peshawar. Narses meets Afarid.